Sunday, March 8, 2009

Once in a lifetime

This Sunday was a special day around our house.
Shayne received the Priesthood.
I can barely put into words the pure joy that this brought to me. My only son, a once in a lifetime experience, a profound gift, a special moment. Wow. Just wow! I am so thankful that Shayne has prepared himself and had such a great desire to receive the Priesthood.
Me, Shayne and Todd

Todd and Shayne

The Priesthood being past down from one generation to the next.

Grandpa Smith, Todd and ShayneThe family
Grandpa Bentz and Shayne (Grandma was out of town) It was a wonderful experience to be sitting among my family. How did I get so lucky to be able to be this boys mom? I learn so much from my sweet boy. I'm glad that our family was blessed with one Prince amongst all our Princesses! We are so proud of you Shayne!

6 comments:

The Crouse House said...

Congrats! It's such a wonderful time in their lives and a blessing for our families! Enjoy watching him pass the Sacrament and fulfilling his priesthood duties! Thinking of you guys =

Andrea said...

What an exciting milestone! It is times like these that make a mother wonder if her heart is strong enough. : ) Congrats on your happiness.

Anonymous said...

Wow...how exciting! What a wonderful time for your family. These kids are growing up way too fast :)

Steph and Keith said...

I can imagine how you feel and look forward to the same experience. What a joy and a blessing!

mali said...

Congrats Shayne! Such a great day! Love your family picture!

Kelee said...

It is so neat isn't it? Before you know it...they are gonna be driving around these neighborhoods and then off on a mission....aaaah!