Monday, September 21, 2009

And now for a shamless plug..

A few months ago I was wondering "what will I ever do to fill my time now that my kids are in school?" Well, it didn't take me long to fill my days.

A few things..

I started selling these adorable aprons.. mom and child aprons, matching pot holds and towels available too! These are only a few of the selection. To see the complete selection visit here. It's been a fun business venture that I get to do with my great friend.

(if you see one you that must have I'd be happy to help you)



And my main job, my kinda hush hush secret job that I thing everyone found out about... Cupcakes! I bake and decorate for a little store called Poppy's. I've been at this one for quite sometime but thought I'd add a little plug in for them as well!


But that's not all...


I'm also helping out with this great new art gallery owned by our great friends.

For all you locals, the gallery is formally known as Decor Unique. I've become their computer nerd which is kinda funny considering my computer background. (or lack of)

Everyone always told me that my days would fill fast and they weren't kidding! Its great to be busy and using my brain in a whole different way! So bottom line... I found plenty to do fill my days and sometimes nights!









16 comments:

russandkatie said...

wow I am impressed!

Kevin and Laura said...

wow, you really do have your hands full. Those all look like amazing ventures!! Good luck Mendy!!

Jessica said...

dang!! you are busy! but it all sounds fun!

Caryn said...

Oh crud, now I NEED a Jr Mint Cupcake...

And those aprons are adorable, maybe if I baked, or cooked, or looked at the kitchen I could convince Rusty I need that black toile one.

Anonymous said...

Sure, but what's Todd up to these days?

danandcami said...

I LOVE all those aprons and I didn't know that you sewed. What a fun thing to do. Yes you have filled your time and sounds like you are plenty busy. I love the cupcakes too but I am afraid I would eat more than I sent out! You are multi talented for sure!!

Katy said...

Anonymous--That's none of your beeswax. This is Mendy's blog. Do you see Todd's name on here? You might want to step off, before I hunt you down.

Anyhoo, the aprons are adorable, and I especially love the all black one, so I may order one here in a bit. Love ya!

James Rupprecht said...

Mendy, a gal in my ward just got published with her cupcake book...101 Gourmet Cupcakes in 10 Minutes (google it)...it is already in its 2nd printing...its pretty good.

Mom and Dad said...

I want to be like you when I grow up....so talented!

Mom and Dad said...

oops, that was me...Peggy L.

Tracey said...

What??? You really are the cupcake girl! Oh my gosh. Those things are divine. Red velvet is my very favorite! Do you take orders from home?

P.S. Your aprons are adorable. I'll have to check out your website.

Tracey said...

I am impressed and need to get my booty busy doing something fun like you now that I have all day to myself.

Anonymous said...

Katy, How "christian" of you.You don't need to hunt me down. I'll give you my address if you like. I'm glad Mendy is having the time of her life, come what may. I'm surprised that asking about Todd made such a "nice" LDS lady such as yourself respond with such a reaction. Wow.

Jill Ison said...

you are SO COOL! See now how come i can live down the street form you for 8 years and not be aware of all the interests we have in common?? it cuz im so lame. but still i love all your aprons and who knew you were the cupcake lady for poppys? do you do the cookies too?

Francine said...

YUMMMMM I love cupcakes where is this magical place?!!!:)

Kristi Nelson said...

Wow you have come a long way from Sewing in High School. They are awesome and you are amazing. Thanks for sharing. You are a surprising woman!