Wednesday, April 21, 2010

spon·ta·ne·ous

One thing that I love about Todd is that he is spontaneous.  I tend to be more of the planner type but not him.  He'd rather wake up and decide to go somewhere and off we'd go.  Last weekend we had a bit of a spontaneous trip to our favorite place, Magic Mountain.  We got season passes for the park for Christmas so we love to go anytime we're able.  I always thought that the park was geared toward older kids.  That is partly true, unless you have a bunch of daredevils for children!  Check out this ride.  The X2.  Emily's favorite ride in all the park!  Emily is only 6!  You can only see her little toes sitting next to Todd! 


I love this kind of thrill rides and I'm so glad our kids do too!

I'm not sure what got into our kids but we were all thrill rides all day long!  No more waiting in lines for baby rides!  Love it!







And in other exciting news... Megan got contacts! This trip was her first time without glasses and it sure made going on all the free falling-face-first-death defying-loop turning rides so much easier!  And of coarse, NO trip to Cali would be complete without a stop at the beach.



Someday, somehow we will have a beach house!  I could sit and watch the waves forever!  It seems like no matter what is happening in life, the beach is always a place to go and get some perspective on life. The analogies are endless.  All I can say is I'm thankful for spontaneous living! 

6 comments:

Katy said...

I love trips like that! If only I could medicate my anxiety, maybe I could take off like that.

I love the beach and your pictures are so cute, especially the one with you and Todd. I can't believe how much Shane (sp?) has grown in the last year. What a stud!

The Crouse House said...

what fun what fun! those kinds of trips make the best memories!

Kelee said...

That looks scary! I forget what a little dare devil you are! Headed to the Bishop's cabin this weekend...who is going to stay up with me to 3am playin' volleyball? (besides the Bish) Missin' ya..but loved seeing you the last couple days!

Jessica said...

so fun!

Shawni said...

SO fun. I think I would LOVE that roller coaster.

Kristi Nelson said...

I thought it was for older kids too. Perhaps my family will have to go. You all look like you had so much fun. By the way awesome picture of you and Todd.