Saturday, June 28, 2008

Give me a B...Give me a Y... Give me a U...

What's that spell? A fun week at BYU! No, I was never a cheerleader but aren't you impressed with my cheering skills? Last week we took Shayne up to a football camp at BYU. He went with his friend Samuel but ended up knowing several boys from his spring football team. They all stayed in Heritage Halls for the week. I couldn't believe that I was dropping off my son for a week to fend for himself. I have to admit that I got a little choked up when I drove away from the dorms that day. It turns out he had the best time ever and can't wait to go back next year.


We went to watch him do drills everyday for a little bit. It was so fun to see him out there showing off his "stuff." He loves football! One of his coaches was the BYU center last year. He also got to meet Bronco Mendenhall, who went over plays and videos with the boys everyday. This was like a dream for him! Hopefully this put a little fire in him to become a better student so that one day he can actually play football at the Y, his BIGGEST dream of all! While Shayne had fun on campus and on the field, the girls and I, including my mom had some fun of our own. Thanks to my mom for tagging along while Todd was at home putting a new business plan together! Most of our activities revolved around water (the river) or shopping.. surprise, surprise!

The river is just one of the best places in Provo. The water was icy cold, but the girls didn't care one bit.
The last day we were in Utah, after picking up Shayne, we headed back up to Bridal Veil Falls. Shayne, Ashley and Samuel hiked up the falls to the top. It took them about an hour to do but it was a great accomplishment. What a great place that holds great memories for me!
I'm glad my kids enjoyed this beautiful place as much as I do.

8 comments:

Caryn said...

Glad you had such a good trip! I cannot believe you just dropped him off, I would die! He is so grown up now- watch out. If you ever need him to meet any other players from the Y let me know, Kelcie has most of the single ones on speed dial...ha!

Cute photos- I love Bridal Veil Falls, so pretty!!!

kathy b. said...

I'm glad that you invited me to go along on the trip. It was lots of fun. Thanks!! Grandma (T) Bentz

Spencer and Marlee said...

HOw FUN!!! Looks like you are having a wonderful summer!

Kelee said...

How awesome! I didn't know that is what you were doing in Utah! You dropped him off at the dorms! Yikes! You are a brave woman! What a neat experience though, and how fun for you and your girls to hang together with your Mom!

russandkatie said...

How fun!!! I am jealous but only for a minute (check out my blog to see why) :)

Andrea said...

This is great! We probably could have had lunch together. We just got back from our trip and spent a whole morning walking the campus and new buildings and then dropping an undisclosed amount of cash in the bookstore. We enjoyed lunch at the Brick Oven before leaving town. I'll be posting my pictures after camp. See you there!

The Bonds said...

How fun!...They sure do \grow up so fast!

Ronda said...

Oh man-Bridger loved football camp...he can't wait to start up football season again-I think Bart said practice was starting soon. Shayne is so talented-I know that I will see him on some college football field some day-I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is BYU.