Sunday, June 15, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Oh, how we love dad!

He sure puts up with a lot around our house! Never in a million years would I have guessed that he'd become a pro at wiping tears, calming drama, dressing Polly's, doing the girls hair (ok well he's not quit at pro at this one, but he does try) playing catch while at the same time having a girl on each leg, watching repeated spontaneous "dance" shows, how he takes to time to teach Shayne the finer points of all sports, the encouragement he gives to Shayne to get moving with his scout advancements (that's a big one) and the list could go on...

He's always considered himself, a man's man, a sports nut, a tough talking dude.. but we all know and love the part of him that is a sucker for anything Emily asks for, the never-ending piggy back carrier down the stairs each morning, the big giant hugs that he gives each night, the guy who always tries to fix whats broken (before calling Grandpa to see how to really fix it), how much he loves to spend time with the kids, the fact that when I'm not looking he lets the kids have ice cream for breakfast (just as he did as a kid), the stomach he has for putting up with all my new "experimental" recipes and he eats with a smile! What a great guy!

We love EVERYTHING about Dad! So here's to you....


Ashley made this life size portrait of Todd. She spend hours working on this and was so excited to present it on father's day. Her hard work payed off... Todd loved it!

6 comments:

kathy b. said...

We love him to. Thanks for taking such good care of our daughter and some of our super dooper grandchildren. Thank-you Thank-you. Love Mom and Dad Bentz

Kelee said...

Wow! Who would of known that he was such a softy! That's so cute! I love the self-portrait! It's a classic!

russandkatie said...

I love the life size portrait, how cute!

The Bonds said...

I love your blog...its so cute! and I love your posting about Emily going to kindergarden...its so sad, Hayley was done with preschool this year too!

kiley barney said...

Awhh so cute! We just gave my dad cards.. :)

Kevin and Laura said...

Okay, so I don't really understand all of the blogging features, so if I want to reply to you I'm not sure if you get the message if I write on my own after yours, so this will have to do.

First of all- love the father's day post, I esp. love the life sized paper Todd! So cute!!

Second, we have mentioned that every time we play tennis. We are like "we have to get good so we can play Todd and Mendy and not embarass ourselves!!"We should def. play doubles when we come out to Arizona, we have already been planning on it! :)

Lastly, I would love the carrot cake recipe! I really like carrot cake too (mostly as an excuse to eat cream cheese frosting, I'll admit), so if you have a good one that would be great. I actually don't even have a recipe, I only had time to make the boxed stuff-not as good!