Saturday, November 22, 2008

Love Letters and Glasses


So apparently something strange happens when kids are about the reach that magical age of 12. In our case, two things. First, Shayne got glasses. He'd been having headaches for weeks and wouldn't ya know it.. the Dr said my boy was having trouble relaxing the eyes. Todd was the one who took him to the Dr so he and Shayne picked out his first pair on Nike eye wear. Ya can't go wrong with a boy if it has the label Nike right? He's lookin good.


The next big change that has taken place about made me fall off my chair. We got doorbell ditched one night, which has been happening a lot lately, and we found a vase of freshly yard picked flowers and a note..... to SHAYNE! He would seriously die if he knew I was blogging about this so lets just keep it one of those blogger secrets ok? Girls...... for real??? My friends have always told me that in 6th grade everything starts to change. But for my 24 /7 sports minded little boy!! It was a cute little note that turned his face about 10 shades of red. I guess he has a mystery admirer out there somewhere. Am I really that old that this could be happening to my first born? Oh boy.... I'm starting to hold on to my hat. With three girls waiting in the wings... I'm so not ready for any of this!!


10 comments:

Janet said...

Great looking glasses, Shayne! (Mom, you can tell him so he doesn't see the mushy part!)

Jessica said...

Wow! I just recently found a love letter to Spencer that was from one of my friends--I guess I never gave it to him? Anyways, it was hilarious reading it. Girls that age are too funny. I'm sure he'll get lots more!!

russandkatie said...

that is so cute! and I love the glasses, there was a pair of Nike ones that I tried on for Mason but they were too big. Boys in glasses are so cute!!!

russandkatie said...

thanks for voting! If I win I get my picture in People Magazine, a million dollars would be better but I'll take it!

Becky said...

Ooh my gosh! My Emily will be 12 next week, and I am totally feeling that too. It is actually kind of freakin me out. You are in for it cuz he is a cutie.

Jill Ison said...

that's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Too funny....he sure is a cute guy!!! Hard to believe he'll be 12! Yikes....the only thing scarier is Carley turning 13 the same day!!!

The Bonds said...

How funny...so fun for all these new experiences our kids will be having! Love the new layout and background!

danandcami said...

LOVE the glasses! As for the girls and love letters--YIKES I'm not ready for that stuff either. It seems like it happens earlier than when we were young huh?

Kate said...

I am so nervous about those upcoming years! Maybe it's becuase I remember Jr high way too well. I hope I can REALLY enjoy the next 2 or 3 years before that stage beigns :)