Sunday, December 7, 2008

Seeing Red and Green

I love Christmas time. I love everything about it...the lights, the smells, the cheer, the colors, the giving, the reflection. I'm pretty one sided with my holiday loves. Christmas is far and away my favorite. From the time our tree goes up until the sad day when it comes down, I love it!


Our Tree..

Posted by Picasa

the staircase (with Ashley)

We have a tradition, I guess, in our home that I hang the lights outside and inside for that matter. Todd has few things in life that he hates. Hanging Christmas lights and Disneyland top his lists of "things I hope to never do in my lifetime" with not many other things below them. Sad huh? I mean WHO doesn't like those two things?? I actually don't mind. I get out the ladder and get to it. Because we have to have Christmas lights! My neighbors aren't quit sure how he "trained' me to do this. I've only almost fell off the roof 1 year. 1 out of 6 years..that's not to bad if you ask me!

So for the rest of the month I'm counting on the smells, sights and sounds that only happen at this time of year!

6 comments:

The Bonds said...

That is so funny! Ryan does not particularly care for either Disneyland or hanging Christmas lights either.

Andrea said...

love it! you go girl. As much as I'm a fan of the lights, I'm afraid that if Brent didn't do them it wouldn't happen. Ladders and I just don't see eye to eye.

The Crouse House said...

looks great! too funny - the 2 loves of Rons life - truth be told - is Christmas (aka Clark Griswold) and Disneyland!! Merry Christmas!

Jill Ison said...

sure wish my house was as Christmasy as yours! Looks good!

Caryn said...

What would we do with out the Smith's to keep up with? Love your tree and the new blog look!

Kristi Nelson said...

I do the lights every year too. I am glad there is someone else who braves the ladder in the name of Christmas. Your home and tree are beautiful, I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas.