Friday, December 26, 2008

Quilts 101

In about October I came up with a brilliant idea to make quilts for my girls for Christmas. I thought.. I've got some time on my hands and a few months to get them done, why not. So off to fabric store I went. Mind you, I have NEVER made a quilt before but thought it couldn't be that hard! We'll I did it. I finished the girls and then didn't want Shayne to be left out so...

All four in their new quilts.

Megan and Emily share a room so naturally...matching was a must!

Ashley


Emily


Megan


Shayne


So, I guess I really did learn something from my Grandma! Grandma Emma is the real seamstress in the family...but someday with LOTS of practice, I hope to catch some of her talent! The kids have overlooked my little "oops" in each quilt. I prefer to call it quilts with character!

3 comments:

russandkatie said...

those are adorable, I am very impressed!!!

Kevin and Laura said...

those quilts are awesome!!! great job, mendy!

Kristi Nelson said...

So reminds me of Sewing Class our Sophomore Year? You did an awesome job. Kids love when something has been made for them. Its like a lasting memory.