Monday, April 27, 2009

That Waskly Wabbit

Last Saturday our family took a trip up north to Pine AZ for a little hike. We were asked to "preview" the hike that our girls will be doing this year at Lo Mia for girls camp. We had a blast. We took off thru the brush and fallen trees until we reached our final destination. The way back was a bit of another story. Lets just say.... we got a little off track. I like to think of it as being adventures, spontaneous if you will. My kids would say.. we were lost.


We couldn't call this trip a "true" Smith trip without some sort of adventure!

After hiking for several hours and a quick stop at Tom's for a bit to eat we headed back down the hill to the heat. The kids were busy watching a movie and my co-pilot, aka Todd, and I where jammin out to some cool hits from the 80's when out of nowhere I see a little something in the road. Is it a box? Perhaps someone tossed out their fast food wrappers?

We heard two thumps... both tires...

Poor waskly wabbit.

At least I can drive in a really straight line!

I then dry heaved for the next few miles.

We drove straight through the car wash on the way home.

I think that rabbit is out to get me. He is now haunting my dreams!

I need some therapy!

5 comments:

danandcami said...

Glad you had a nice hike! Sorry about the rabbit. That happened once to me- A bird hit the window right in front of me and I can still hear and see it hitting. I hate when we are driving and there are birds on the road for fear of hitting another one.

Andrea said...

you're funny! a straight line! that's great!

robin said...

I loved your talk on Sunday. You are so amazing.

Jill Ison said...

oh man. that sucks.

Cheryl said...

What to do about those suicidal rabbits! I was driving down a very narrow road once and the little rabbit waited on the curb until he was perfectly aligned with my front tire...then jumped. It is like hitting a puppy! That was not nearly as traumatic as the half run over rabbit I saw on my run that was still alive! I wanted to cry all day. I couldn't kill him, but it killed me to watch him suffer. It's a cruel cruel world, especially if you're a bunny rabbit!
Oh and on another subject....Once again, I give you all the blame er I mean credit for the last fifteen years :) But let's be honest, the magical red jacket was the real deal closer :)
Cute cute blog and cute cute family!