Monday, July 13, 2009

One year older and wiser too

Happy Birthday to YOU!!

Ten years ago I thought for sure that I was having another boy. Todd and I liked the surprise of not knowing what we where having, call us old fashion if you will. I mean I have no sisters, Todd has only one sister and both of our mothers are the only girls of their families.. so surly we'd also have a house full of boys. Well after several hours of labor and while my husband and the Doc where watching the baseball all star game (yeah... really) the doctor put this little 8 lbs 6 oz little girl on my stomach. I froze. I didn't see this one coming! I didn't know anything about little girls!! The sweet nurse grabbed my hand and said "touch your daughter" I said "what? my what?" Well little did I know how much joy this little girl would bring into our family!




She's a ball full of energy.. until about 9pm then the first one asleep.
She loves to go anywhere with me.
She loves to cook.
She is my little helper with everything.
She has her mother's quick wit...
for example..
the other day Meg, Ash and I were going somewhere and I said to Megan jokingly....
"your funny..... funny lookin that is" to which she reply without a second to think... "well I am your daughter and do look just like you" I love it!!


Ten more things we love about Megan

She is a very talent artist

She is a closet singer and a good one too

She scares very easily..much to her brothers delight!

She is a great story teller

She has a heart of gold

She is a peacemaker in our home

She is always willing to help

She loves all things girly

She is kind even when others aren't

Her smile melt our hearts

Happy Birthday Megan! We love you!!

4 comments:

Kevin and Laura said...

What a nice post Mendy! You always write such great tributes to your kids. Happy birthday Megan!!

Katy said...

You're so funny. I love Megan's comeback to you, such a clever girl, kinda like her mama.

Tell Megan happy birthday and that we're bringing her back something special from Cali. A girl like her deserves the very best. XOXO to ya'll:)

danandcami said...

Very nice post about your daughter. Happy Birthday Megan!

Jessica said...

Happy Bday to Megan! We didn't find out what we were having with Carter either--so much more fun that way!