Sunday, August 24, 2008

Girl overload..

This last week has been a fun filled week. All of Todd's brothers were in town. We had a mini reunion last weekend up in Prescott with everyone. Talk about girl overload. Poor Shayne only has 2 boy cousins on the Smith side and they are much younger, but he takes it in stride and loves to play with them. We starting the weekend at Links Lake. All the kids went fishing. Emily gets the prize for most improved. By the end of the day she was no longer casting her line hooking Todd's arm or hat or face!
Megan and her cousin Tessa were two peas in a pod.
Shayne took full enjoyment grossing out his sisters and myself putting on these worms! Todd dared him to eat one.. I guess the price wasn't high enough!

Ashley was actually the best fisherman! I don't know how I didn't get a picture. She could cast her line farther than just about anyone!

We rented this little boats to mess around in. The peddle boat made for some great laughs. Todd and Mike peddling against the wind for a good 30 mins was pure joy! Doug opted for the power boat with all the girls, I don't know which one was smarter!

Me and Laura had our turn luggin the girls around... not quite as much joy! Of coarse the wind picked up when it was our turn!

We had a great time everyone in town! The noise level has gone down a bit. 28 people in one confined space makes for some loud but great memories! Thanks Laurie for planning the whole sha-bang!



4 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

How fun!! It's been so long since we have seen you guys! Looks like you had a wonderful family reunion. You gotta love them!!!It's always a blast to get together with all the cousins!!

Janet said...

Ditto thanks to Laurie, and great pictures, Mendy! I didn't get any water pictures because I was land-locked, so thanks!

Carrie said...

Cute, cute family!! Looks like you guys had fun.

Shawni said...

Looks so fun, Mendy. I can relate with feeling for Shayne...Max is the same with our side of the family. Our poor boys surrounded by all these girls! They're good sports about it though...at least it seems that Shayne is like Max that way.

I LOVE Emily's hairdo too. I remember the first time I did mine. I hairsprayed these little curls of hair right onto my cheeks. Boy did I ever think I was cute. The only problem is that when I smiled they kind of cracked off.

I need to talk to you about Activity Days...I tried to call the other day but you were gone. I'll try again this weekend.