Sunday, January 4, 2009

Out of my bag of tricks

My inner "Molly Mormon" is coming out in me. I'm not sure if its the need to learn something new or pinching every penny that is bring out this new found hobby of mine. First the quilts now this!

The older my girls get, especially Megan, the harder they are to impress. So I've been trying to think of what I can pull out of my "bag" next to oooo and aaahhhh my girls. My SIL Stacy and family were in town for Christmas and she gave me a quick "how to make a skirt in one day" tutorial. With her help, we whipped out this little baby...

BUT, I can't have one new skirt for three girls...you can imagine the drama that would bring. So off to my new favorite craft spot to pick up some more fabric. Emily was easy to please. Megan took a bit longer. In the end we came home and made these..



I'm really diggin this sewing thing! Who knows what will come next!

7 comments:

Caryn said...

I saw their skirts and thought how cute they were- way to go!

Aren't you glad you have an awesome neighbor to tell you about places like Hobby Lobby?

russandkatie said...

if you decide to start selling them for some extra cash, put me down for 2!!!

danandcami said...

Mendy! Way to go! They are great, and your girls are all smiling! I have really enjoyed sewing lately but not brave enough to try clothes.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! They look great!

Steph and Keith said...

Wow! Very creative. I don't have little girls, but I just want one for me, K?

Janet said...

Good work with the sewing thing! Those are cute as can be. (And "sew" are the girls!)

Jill Ison said...

is that amy butler and heather bailey I see? I love their fabric! If your going to keep up the sewing be sure to check out tina givens... she makes really beautiful fabric as well. Love the skirts and I bet the girls love them too! cute cute cute...