Monday, August 10, 2009

Chapter 3

Today we began a new chapter in our lives.

The home alone chapter.. the all the kids in school chapter.


This morning I sent Shayne off to be fed to the wolves of Jr High.

Most of last night I layed awake raking my brain asking have we taught him enough? Have we gave him the confidence to make the right choices and to resist the temptation that will surround him? I think we have. He's a pretty easy going kid that tends to make good choices but I found myself second guessing myself. This morning I walked him to the corner where he continued on to the bus stop the next block up. He said "see ya mom love you" I stood in shock walking him walk away. Then the tears started to flow. Where did all those years go? He walked away from me to be greeted by many friends where they stood and waited. I couldn't make myself walk away until he was loaded onto the bus. Off on his next adventure in life... Jr High.

Megan was all smiles with a little bit of fear this morning as we walked to the 5th grade line.
She was welcomed by a friend and all her fear melted away.
She was ready. My beautiful 5th grade little girl!


Ashley was the first one up this morning with a big grin on her face!
3rd grade was going to be no big deal for her!
She was so excited to get going. I hope that lasts all year but I'm not going to hold my breath!
She left full of confidence ready to conquer the grade!



Emily was so excited she didn't fall asleep until almost midnight!
She was up ready to go a 6 am with a big smile on her face.
I on the other hand, was struck with the realization that my baby.. is no longer a baby!
She got to her line having a bit of nervous energy. She walked away with a huge smile and a wave. Why'd she have to go get all grown up on me?


So alone I am.
Time to figure out what I'm going to do with myself!
For the last 12 years I've done pretty much nothing but kids.. now....
So today I guess this is the first day of the new chapter in my life.
The ME chapter.

(now if I only knew what to write in this chapter!)

9 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

Man, it's been a long time since I have seen any of your kids!! That would be a weird feeling having nobody at home!! I am sure after all those years of kids at home it will be nice to have some quiet time, although I am sure you will find stuff to fill your day!

Katy said...

Do we think like twins or what? We were separated at birth. You're the sister I've always wanted but never had. I adore you with all my heart.

Kelee said...

I don't want to start Chapter 3. I want to be in Chapter 2 forever....without the Nickelodeon Channel. First, I want to tell you that I too had a bulge in my tire and drove to Cali and back with it and did not even know, Second, let's blow up that pic of Suzy you've got...love it! And, third, you are so amazing, I love you!! You will write Chapter 3 beautifully!

Glen Lakes YM said...

what cute kids you have!!! I am just starting the school chapter, Reeslyn started kindergarten today!

Andrea said...

So alone we are...I guess that means a lunch date!

danandcami said...

If you were like me you kept thinking of I wish they could talk, or walk, or start school. Now that those phases are gong I wish I could have them all back for a little while and slow down time and just ENJOY the stage they were in! Who knew our children would pull so hard on our hearts.

Peggy said...

I have faith in you! It is a journey...I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Enjoy...

Unknown said...

You're kids are so grown up and so dang cute! So the whole alone thing is a weird thing. I'm still trying to figure out what to do...although at times I feel like I'm busier now because there is more time to get involved in more. Anyway, let's do lunch!!!
Wendy

Kristi Nelson said...

Hey are you still PTSA President? Don't worry....Your next course will come to you and you will be amazing! Have Fun in the Journey!