Saturday, August 1, 2009

I must be doing something right

Toward the end of our Utah trip this last month I got a horrible ear infection. Have you ever had an ear infection as an adult? Oh my gosh... all I can say is the next time my kids tell me their ears hurt I'm not waiting to take them to the doc! I was in a ton of pain and of coarse my lack of good medical insurance made it impossible to go get the needed medical attention in Utah! And of coarse my husband wasn't along on this trip to give me a needed blessing! Luckily my mom was around to help me with the kids because the last two days of the trip are a bit of a blur.


About the same time as I got sick my vehicle started acting a bit strange as well. It pretty much made me feel like Daisy Duke driving the General Lee if you know what I mean. My steering wheel was movin all over the place and the car was pulling hard to the left. Tire problems right? Todd told me what to look for and we (my mom and I) did are tire inspection before heading home. I thought maybe it was just those worn out Utah roads so we headed for home anyway. I think my pain was mostly driving this decision. Since my mom isn't a big fan of driving my Denali I drugged myself up and off we headed for a good long drive home. About the Gap, just outside of Page AZ we came across a roll over accident of a gas semi that had just accrued. The tires were still spinning and the poor man was thankfully stumbling out bleeding but alive. It took me back to 2 years ago. We had a similar accident of our own in WA where we took a flip and a roll down a hill. Again, blood but all were alive.

Well as we returned home after further tire inspection we found a 3 inch bulge in the inside our our drivers side tire that should have split our tire causing a similar scene. I'm pretty sure the only way we made it home from Utah without incident was the will of the Lord.

I'm thankful beyond words for tender mercy's.


FYI- my ear infection has been with me for over a week and I have zero and I mean zero hearing in my right ear. So looking back I should have taken my crappy health insurance a sought medical attention a little earlier.... Learn from my mistakes!

5 comments:

russandkatie said...

you know you have a cousin that could give you medical attention right?! next time don't hesitate to call us!!!

Spencer and Marlee said...

WOW, I don't think I have ever seen that picture of when you guys had that accident! I can't believe it! I am glad you guys made it home safe! hope the ear infection if feeling better!

Nana said...

We all passed that same tanker truck on our way to Page to get on our houseboat. The ambulance passed us going to Flagstaff and then we passed the accident a short while later. We were caravaning with Steve and Wendy, so perhaps our cars passed and we didn't even notice. Hope your ear gets better--call Russ if it doesn't. He has been a lifesaver for Spencer a couple of times. He gets horrible earaches once in a while still and sometimes a burst eardrum. Russ is Eric's favorite PA now...Take care..Aren't we all grateful for the tender mercies given to us--and sometimes we don't always recognize them.

Katy said...

I've never seen that picture either; it startled me! I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound.

You're lesson was so great. I loved your orange/brain analogy. I could tell the girls really got that connection. You're the best!

Shawni said...

I'm so glad you are ok. At first I thought you were going to say you were in another accident! That is so scary. Hope your ear is better.