Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's all in the joke..


So today is April Fools day, Megan's favorite day! From the moment she woke up she was playing jokes on everyone. Today the joke was on her. She came home from school dead set that a pool was being built in the playground. The school had places cones in a "pool" shape out on her playground this morning and then closed the deal by using the morning announcement's to let everyone know that no one was to go into that area because they'd be digging for a pool later on that day. Megan came home so thrilled. "Mom, you'll never guess what our school is getting!" Shayne, being the all knowing big brother, then explained that it was only a joke. She didn't buy it. It took several hours to convince her that it was all a good joke.

Well Megan, being the spunky kid that she is, decided no matter what she was going to get the last laugh on some poor soul. So, she went to play at her friend Grace's house and the two little jokesters plotted out their joke. (I didn't know about it until it was long over) They decided that it would be so funny to write notes to two of their friends and invite them over to each others houses for a party! So they wrote this note:

Dear friend,

You are invited to come to my house for a party tonight at 6 pm. It's for all of Mrs Clarks 3rd grade class. I hope you can come!

From,
You know who
They then put a address, mind you a real address that is right down the street, and door bell ditched their friends.

Now fast forward a few hours. I arrive at our wards enrichment several hours at the plot had taken place. As I am walking in, one of Megan's friends mom signals me to come over. Yeah no big right? Well turns out that Megan's friend, the one that she door bell ditched, thought it was a real party and went over to the address that was provided!!! I laughed so hard that my little 8 year old was crafty enough to pull a carefully plotted joke and then found someone that actually fell for it! That's my little girl!

2 comments:

russandkatie said...

I'm so glad you started a blog!!! I'll add you to my "stalking" list :)

Andrea said...

Hi there!! So glad to see you out here in blog land. I see you linked me - scary!! Now I feel pressure. : ) I don't how to link but when I get it figured out, you'll find yourself there. I actually don't know how I'm managing maintaining a blog - I'm so not a computer gal. But hey, I'm havin' fun!! See you soon.