Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tennis anyone?

I love tennis. I love the feel of returning a serve right down the line hit with full power. I love to run after a base line shot to lob it over my head and still getting it in. I love to have dirty tennis ball hands (and I hate to be dirty). I love to play with great friends. I love the tennis "trash talk" that would only happen on the court. I love to frustrated my opponent with a good shot. I love the sound the ball makes when it hits the "sweet" spot of my raquet. I love to have fun and of course, I love to win.

Today I got to play with my friend JoAnna. We haven't played together for maybe a year or more. We had so much fun. Today we got a good lesson is sportsmanship, of lack of, from our opponents. We had the F bomb dropped our way (not by us, thank you), we had a raquet thrown our way and to top it off, I had a ball hit directly at my face after the point was over. Luckily I got part of my raquet up and the brim of my vissor deflected the ball enough that I didn't have a "Marsha Marsha Marsha" moment! But in the end, none of it really matters because we had fun, neither one of us broke anything, and the icing on the cake..... we won.

Ya got to love a good game of tennis!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Mendy! I'm so glad you have a blog...it's so fun!! Glad we'll get to "see" each other more often now!

russandkatie said...

I think I am a little scared of you now :) LOL I had no idea you were such a tennis buff, I loved the post!

Andrea said...

now that makes me laugh! I like seeing this side of you!