Thursday, April 24, 2008

S Is For Strawberry...

Today I dug deep and found my inner "Molly Homemaker"... We started our mission yesterday with a trip to the store and found our family fav.. strawberries were on sale! In our house that means only one thing... homemade JAM! Emily decided that since she was the only one home with me, she would get to be my helper. Emily had a great time helping me get our jars ready for canning, and by that I mean, splashing hot, boiling water on my foot. Yeah ouch! Then her next task, that she loved was mashing up all of the cut berries. She did a great job keeping most of the berry juice in the bowl. I love that she loves to help me!

So after several hours we now get to enjoy the fruits (no pun intended)of our labor for the next few months. Yummy! The rest of our family will be very happy in the morning, because nothing is better than fresh jam! Well unless you have homemade bread...maybe tomorrow :)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Very impressive! Sounds very good--you'll have to send me the recipe to make it!

Andrea said...

you go girl. I'd love to make the jam but kids at my house won't eat anything but store bought grape.

Caryn said...

Hmm, what?! When do you have time for that, and more importantly, where is mine? I will be your helper anytime.

Way to be a good blogger and get action shots of Emme!