Monday, May 19, 2008

Just say it isn't so...


Today was a bitter sweet day, my little Emily is officially done with preschool. (She's here with her bestest friend, Audrey) That means I'm done with yet another stage of life. Where does the time go?? I can remember like it was yesterday, wishing my kids would just sleep thru the night, then it was if they would just entertain themselves for a few minutes. Now...I sit here in the silence hearing in the distance my children just doing those things that I once wished for. I just want to halt the growth, freeze the time, beg for another day of them needing me...

I remember holding Emily as a newborn, both of us crying for hours on end. I wanted so badly for it to end. I wanted her to get bigger and stop crying. I remember my Grandma telling me "just try to enjoy it, this time will end too soon." I thought yeah right! Now look, she was right. I wish I would have sat back, relaxed and enjoyed the ride a little more instead of wish for the next stage in life. I guess the saying is true...Time is slow when living in it, but way to fast when looking back upon it.

So today a bid farewell to preschool forever... another one of my babies, spreading her wings, ready to fly.

5 comments:

kathy b. said...

CONGRATULATIONS EMILY! I LOVE YOU. GRANDMA BENTZ

Spencer and Marlee said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I have not seen you guys for ever! The last time was at a family BBQ. What a cute family!

Ash said...

Okay, so I'm not generally a commentor, but I love reading your blog and keeping up on your life. But looking at the corner and thinking if I could see a little bigger picture our old house would be in it makes me very sad. Europe? Emily going to Kindergarten? What? I'm just disappointed we didn't get a nasty t-shirt from your trip! Sydney still calls Ashley her best friend from Arizona. We miss you guys.
Ashley and Brian

russandkatie said...

I was just thinking the other day... I need to enjoy Reeslyn's whining a little more. Ok maybe not the whining!!!

That was a great post because I really was just thinking the other day how quickly they grow up and I really do need to enjoy it more, so thanks for reminding me again!!!

Angela said...

Mendy,
I was just thinking about this last night as Will was awake from 2am to 4am. I so badly want to be out of this no sleep stage, but I know as soon as I get there that he won't be a baby any more and that makes me sad. I can't believe Emily is getting so big either. It seems like she was a baby not so long ago. Time does fly. Anyway, it was fun looking at your blog!
Angela Miner