Sunday, May 4, 2008

Top 5 Things I Miss....

1. My kids (man I miss them bad!)

2. Ice/Cold water (everything is either room temp or served with 1 piece of ice)

3. Dr. Pepper

4. Fresh air (smoke free)

5. People who like Americans

So we made it to Vienna. We had a very warm welcome into the country by a nice taxi counter worker....when after ordering our taxi in more sign language than words, she told me in a very direct way, that maybe I should learn the language if I wanted to come to her country. Very kind!

After our first European rain storm, while driving to our hotel, we found that we may not all speak the same, but we all can communicate with the universal "bird". Our taxi driver loved to exercise this right!

Tonight we wondered down a few blocks to Stephansplatz. I think all the hustle and bustle of Vienna must happen here. We watch several street performers. Break dancing must still be cool.


We also found a one man band that would make the guy on Mary Poppins proud. Todd thought he'd tip the guy..too bad he didn't convert his currency fast enough..the guy was good, but not as good as Todd tipped him!

3 comments:

Brian Trotter said...

Just another country that owes its existence to the US yet acts like we owe them... they are lucky that English is not their national language. We should have conquered them along with Hitler and renamed it New Vienna... Europeans smell....

Caryn said...

Did he tip him enough to add another instrument to his repertoires? That would be awesome. I found a photo book that has pictures of things used in travel and you just point at them, after reading this I think I am gonna get it...

You kids were all cute, and on time to church! Way to go to your awesome sitter!

Andrea said...

What a fun trip! Lucky you!