Monday, May 5, 2008

Vienna...

Today was a cloudy, rainy day. We got to do quit a bit in between rain showers. Emily wanted us to take pictures of what we ate while we were gone..so this post is for you Emily!
Daddy ordered a Frankfurter for dinner, thinking it would be a great sausage..it came in a pot of boiling water, with a round bun and a cup of horseradish, for dipping. Not exactly what he imagined! I told him it looked like an expensive Oscar Myer Weiner to me!
For breakfast we found a little cafe and each had the best apple strudel that we've ever had. We got to eat outside at a little picnic area. We were the only ones not drinking beer or smoking. While the rain was coming down, we took shelter in a small cafe for a snack. Dad had a chocolate filled crosissant, I had a regular one. A funny thing happened to us there... We asked to use the bathroom, although they don't call it that, so dad went first. He came to 2 different doors. One labled with a D, the other with a H. He wasn't sure which to go into so he guessed that maybe D stood for "dude". When he came back he told me which door he went into. I then left and thought I'd better go into the other door. Well turns out that D doesn't stand for "dude" after all. I went thru the door marked H and found a free standing urinal, and that's it! Thankfully nobody was in there, so I quickly went into the other door. I returned to the table to let dad know that d definatly does not stand for "dude" and he's lucky that no damsel walked in on him!
Back to the food.. You'll never guess what restaurant we found..TGIFridays!
It just wasn't he same Megan. The honey mustard was horrible.

We did do some other things today like..Sat with some pigeons..
found a fake well..
Posed by an awesome fountain (yeah I'm not sure why I was getting so comforable there)...


and took a bus tour to avoid the rain. (sorry, too rainy to get the camera back out!)



Tomorrow, depending on the weather, we are doing a bike tour...stay tuned!

(ok, so spell check doesn't work here, its late and my personal spell checker is asleep, so sorry to you English majors)

(P.S.- mom, I can recieve your emails but it won't let me respond...but thanks for your notes!)






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mendy & Todd--Looks like you are having a wonderful trip! I'll be waiting to hear the "musts" so we can plan for them.

123TifftFamily said...

It looks like you guys are having fun. Enjoy yourselves and keep posting!
-Laurie

Kevin and Laura said...

Umm..You guys ate at Friday's?!?! I can't wait to tell Kevin. I dragged him to every Friday's and Applebee's we could find in Europe, and he always makes fun of me. I'm not the only one, now. :)

kathy b. said...

This is so fun seeing your instant happenings. We just talked to Tiret in Holland and he said if you can stop there, he'll show you around. You can even stay at his house. Maybe next time. Have fun! Try to eat someplace that's not in your neighborhood!! Talk to you soon. Love you! Mom

Janet said...

WOW! Sounds like a great trip - hope it makes up for the honeymoon! Love you - can't wait to see all the pictures!

sew happy Stacy said...

When did all this happen??? And why was I not invited??? Really!!! Everyone is going to Europe but me. sniffle, sniffle.

Carrie said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast! We're so glad you found a Friday's..all of the food unknowns..yikes! Wait, was Janet implying you two didn't have a fun honeymoon? Oooh, the memories ; )