Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh how we love the pines...

I love the mountains... It's hard to beat the smell of fresh pines! This weekend we headed north to Prescott for a long weekend. Todd's family has a cabin outside of Prescott that our kids love to go to. It has a little steam, (that actually had water in it this time) that the kids love to play in.
I had so much fun watching the kids play in their "fort" that is right across from the cabin, connected to the stream. They love to play in there and spend most of their time hidden away having fun. As much as I love the mountains, I love even more that all of our attention is focused on playing outdoors.
The girls loved playing badminton. Most of our time was spent playing baseball, seeing who could hit ball the farthest down the road. Megan became quit the baseball player.

Shayne kept busy, using his Scouting skills. We brought him a new knife from Italy that he put to good use. He whittled his way thru several branches! We keep our golf-cart at the cabin so the kids love to take rides.. this weekend we wish we had warmer clothes with us! We had soooo much fun, frozen fingers and all!!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

very fun! we were up at my parent's cabin with them this weekend--my favorite part is all the playing outside too. but it was freezing up there--snow and all!

kathy b. said...

Looks like lots of fun. I wish that I had a cabin in the woods. Maybe someday. Love you! Grandma Bentz

Caryn said...

That looks so fun. I wish we had headed up to our cabin too, but oh well.

BTW I brought you a cup of 'good ice' home Monday and totally forgot you were gone until later...sad for you...

Joanna Heiden said...

Mindy,
looks like a blast. I can't believe it was pouring rain down there. We miss all our AZ friends. Thank goodness for blogs!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mendy!!!
I love your blog!! Your kids are getting sooo grown up....where does the time go? All our days spent at McDonalds and swim lessons and play dates just waiting for our kids to "grow Up". Somehow they all did!!!! Now somedays I wish we had our toddlers back!!!!!
Wendy

russandkatie said...

how fun!!!

robin said...

you are so cute. love your blog!